I hope you are having a wonderful, peaceful, healthy and calm spring break.
It’s been busy here at home, getting ready for Easter and all the special services and devotions that prepare the community for this most important celebration of the Christian Year.
On the last Friday of school before break, my mother died peacefully in the afternoon. My flight got out of JFK just as the snow storm was hitting on Wednesday last week and I made the service and family gathering. Thank you for all your kindnesses and hugs and for your love. I’ve attached a photo of the beautiful flowers you sent so you can share them. When I got to the funeral home for mom’s service, you were right there with me, the flowers acted as an icon of your love and prayers and words cannot express enough the comfort and strength you gave me through them. Thank you so much. With all my love, Patrick
THANK YOU TO TIVI DIVEKI for his expertise with the camera in capturing the choir photos for the GCS Yearbook and for the upcoming Spain Tour. Well done everyone. We got the photos done in record time!.
ALL SENIOR CHORISTERS and FAMILIES – Safe traveling home. EASTER WEEKEND SCHEDULE!
All Junior and Novice Choristers at church for Easter should sit with their families.
ONLY SENIOR CHORISTERS SING THIS WEEKEND.
EASTER SCHEDULE for SENIOR CHORISTERS REQUIRED: Enter at 802 Broadway.
• March 31 (Holy Saturday) – Required for Senior Boy and Girl Choristers
¾ 8:45 to 10:30 am: Rehearsal for Easter with The Adult Choir, The Parish Choir, The Choir of Men and Boys,
The Girls’ Choir and Brass
• April 1 (Sunday, Easter Day) – Required for Boy and Girl Senior Choristers
¾ 7:45 am: Call for All Choir Members
¾ 9 am: Service with The Combined Choirs of Grace Church
¾ 9:45 am: Annual Easter Family Breakfast for Choir Families in GCS Dining Room. (Don’t forget to RSVP)
¾ 11 am: Service with The Combined Choirs of Grace Church and Brass
FIRST WEEK BACK TO SCHOOL: NO AFTERNOON CHOIR ACTIVITIES THIS WEEK!
• April 3 (Tuesday) – Regular Morning Rehearsal. Senior Boys, 7:00 – 8:10 a.m.
• April 4 (Wednesday) – Regular Morning Rehearsal. Senior Girls, 7:00 – 8:10 a.m.
• April 5 (Thursday) – Regular Morning Rehearsal Schedule for Senior and Old Junior Boy Choristers 7:00 – 8:10 a.m.
• April 6 (Friday) – Regular Morning Rehearsal Schedule for Senior and Old Junior Girl Choristers 7:00 – 8:10 a.m.
• April 8 , Sunday Service, The Choir of Men and Boys singing (Seniors REQUIRED, Juniors Optional)
NO Lunch or Rehearsal after church today
• April 8 , HS Singers Rehearsal, 1:00 – 2:00, Music Office
TOUR PARTICIPANTS: NOTE: The Rehearsal after Church on Sunday April 15th from 1:00 – 3:00 will serve to replace the June 3rd Tour Rehearsal. I hope everyone going on the tour can make this rehearsal.
All my love, be safe, have a Holy Passover and Blessed Holy Days, Patrick
Patrick Allen, Organist and Master of Choristers
Grace Church in New York
New York, NY 10003 USA
Organist, Chapel of the Good Shepherd
The General Theological Seminary