Music at Grace Church in New York
Chorister Voice Study Program
To increase each chorister’s knowledge and vocal ability in a group setting and apply that knowledge to the work and repertoire of the choir.
Repertoire will focus on Hymn Descants, Choir Solo Repertoire and Special Solo Repertoire.
To fulfill the senior voice study requirement, senior choristers will sign
up for 4 voice “class” sessions in the fall and
6 sessions in the winter/spring.
These classes will be offered by P. Allen
Each session will last one hour, there is no charge.
Parents are encouraged to make a donation to the choir special projects fund to help support this program.
Soprano Classes will be offered on Tuesday 3:30 – 4:30 p.m. and on Friday from 3:30 – 4:30 p.m. in the Chantry Chapel
There is a cyber sign up method for reserving a space in a class
to make sure classes don’t become too big. However, there will be some
flexibility with this.
Classes will take place in the Chantry.
AFTER SCHOOL SIGN UP GENIUS LINK
Should no one be signed up for a given date, no class will occur.
No student should just sign up on the day of a class should the schedule be empty, however, if a class already has students registered last minute walk ins are welcome.
“Shaving Club” Class for boys whose voices have changed and High School Boys will be required each Sunday from 1:00 – 2:00 p.m. Boys whose voices have changed will be excused from all morning (soprano) rehearsals and attend the Sunday rehearsal instead to focus on the particular needs of the boy with a changing/changed voice.
JUNIOR AND NOVICE CHORISTERS:
Are encouraged to sign up to attend the voice classes, but there is no requirement for participation.
All Choristers will still have the opportunity to schedule private voice lessons as they and their parents have interest and the voice teacher(s) have time to provide. This could include extra lessons at times of increased productivity around special concerts, shows and other solo opportunities. To receive the name of a voice teacher and arrange for this option please talk with P. Allen.
- Choir Family News 9 April 2021
- Choir Family News 3 April 2021
- Choir Family News 19 March 2021
- Choir Family News 12 March 2021
- Choir Family News 5 March 2021
- Choir Family News 26 February 2021
- Choir Family News 19 February 2021
- Email Blast 17 Feb re: Jr Nov Festival sign up status
- Choir Family News 12 February 2021
- Chorister Names for spell check Feb 2021
- Choir Family News 5 February 2021
- Choir Family News 29 January 2021
- Choir Year Book Page GCS 2020 2021
- Choir Family News 22 January 2021
- Choir Family News 15 January 2021
- Choir Family News 8 January 2021
- Choir Family News New Years Day 1 January 2021
- Choir Family News 18 December 2020
- Choir Family News 11 December 2020
- Choir Family News 4 December 2020